Pekin Hospital was named* one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America!
We earned this recognition based on data reported about evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. In fact, in these areas we are second to none.
- The ONLY hospital in the Pekin, Peoria and Bloomington-Normal area with this honor!
- One of 18 hospitals honored in Illinois.
- Only 1 of 5 hospitals in Illinois to excel in four of the categories.
- Represented in the top 14% of Joint Commission accredited hospitals.
"Today, the public expects transparency in the reporting of performance at the hospitals where they receive care, and The Joint Commission is shining a light on the top performing hospitals such as Pekin Hospital that have achieved excellence on a number of vital measures of quality of care."
- Mark R. Chassin, M.D., FACP, M.P.P., M.P.H., President, The Joint Commission
"We understand what matters most to patients at Pekin Hospital - safe, effective care. That's why Pekin Hospital has made a commitment to positive patient outcomes through evidence-based care processes."
- Gary Jepson, Pekin Hospital CEO
View the ratings yourself at www.qualitycheck.org.